Employee Experience

What is Employee Experience?

Employee Experience refers to the perceptions that employees have about their organization in the course of their employee journey. This perception is sculpted by how employees see, hear, believe, and feel about all aspects of their job. Furthermore, it extends to the approach of considering engagement at all touchpoints throughout the employee lifecycle. These aspects range from the recruitment process, through to their last day at the company. 

Also, it is important to discuss, why is Employee Experience important and fundamental to any workplace claiming to have an engaging work environment. 

Here are some pointers to consider, 

  • Talent Acquisition: To be able to acquire the best talent by maintaining a positive image of your organization’s work environment.
  • Employee Retention: To be able to retain such talent by ensuring a positive and constructive experience of working for them.
  • Company’s business prospects: Employee Experience, when paired with favorable Customer Experience will ensure a successful business future.
  • Employee Engagement: A pleasant experience for the employees at work will also increase their engagement with the central values of the organization.

A joint report from IBM and Globoforce found a strong relationship between better employee experiences and key performance outcomes. For instance, Employees who work for companies ranked in the top 25% of employee experience scores demonstrate better work performance and use more discretionary effort as compared to the remaining 75%.

But still, how is Employee Experience different from Employee Engagement?

Many definitions of employee experience sound very similar to employee engagement, if not virtually the same. But, it is important to understand that the two are not synonymous but rather complementary in nature.

Even though, every organization may strive for employees that are:

  • Passionate about their work, 
  • committed to the organization, 
  • have an emotional connection to the job and workplace.

In a nut shell, an engaged workforce. It is important to understand that none of this can be achieved if the employees are subjected to a not-so-good experience or environment in the organization.

Forbes contributor Denise Lee Yohn notes that this is the key distinguishing factor between engagement and employee experience.

“Employee engagement–that is, employees’ commitment to your company and their jobs are the end goal while EX is the means to that end,” she writes.

Engaged employees are what leaders want, but building a great employee experience is how they’ll get them there.

The most important difference between employee engagement and employee experience is that the latter is holistic.  In many ways, employee experience is every bit as important in defining a company’s legacy as any deliberate culture-shaping actions taken by leaders. What experience do you want employees to have?

We could help you create a more happy Employee Experience, for a personalized demo contact us.

Want to know more?

Get in touch for a Demo

Get in touch with us for a detailed demo to learn how we could help you with building a Super Organization.